It's an interesting idea of Vaughan's to do this.
After reading Stuart's post I agree, some detail is in order.
The client wanted:
- To not have in house IT staff handling their email(we will manage it in the short term until their AA's can handle it)
- They wanted online meetings, many and the infrastructure costs for Sametime 8.5 put them off
- Secure file sharing(We may yet put in Quickr if they need more depth)
- Always up email(we presume Lotuslive will always be up)
- Smaller price to pay monthly on their whole order versus buying licenses, servers, hardware etc
- Quick and easy migration from their "free email that is painful" and they use Outlook Express to POP it right now